Friday, January 25, 2008

Pampering, Eating & Rolling

Tomorrow we are going to attend our very first "Pampered Chef" party. Not only is it our first "Pampered Chef" party, but it might be the very first party of this ilk to be hosted by a straight guy! A friend of ours decided to host one, and I believe that he largely decided to do so on my recommendation. I spent a large portion of a recent evening trying to convince him to host this party, after all we do need a gravy boat for next Thanksgiving!

Kate's doing great. In the last couple of days she has almost doubled the amount of milk she drinks before bed. We had to graduate from the small bottles to a big bottle and tonight after 7 ounces she's still hungry!

BIG NEWS: Kate rolled over all on her own for the first time today!! Go figure, we were videotaping for a couple minutes while she was working on it, but then after we turned off the camera there she went - rolled right over!! She didn't replicate it after the first time, but something tells me she'll be doing it more and more as time goes on.

Oh - I can't believe I haven't written about this yet - I made what I consider to quite possibly be the best purchase of my adult life! I bought our very own Roomba, the vacuuming Robot! We've been calling her Rosie, and she is just amazing. Turn her on, go run an errand and by the time you get home your room is vacuumed and she's parked herself back in her "dock" charging up for the next room! Not to mention that she picks up dog hair like a charm! The funny thing is that I think I might have to sue for "idea infringement". I'm only half kidding - I was recently going through a container of stuff my mom had saved from my elementary school days and one of my school projects was a story about an invention idea. My story was about a robot that would clean for you!! Voila - here we have it! LOVE IT.

No more feeling guilty that Jeff vacuums more than I do (o.k., I'll be honest - he's the only one who used to vacuum). Thank god for Rosie!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

After reading your blog entry, here is a paraphrased version of Jim and my conversation:
me: we should get a roomba!
jim: how hard is it to vacuum?
me: but we don't. we can press a button...heck, the kids can press the button.
jim: what's the main reason we don't vacuum more?
me: (without hesitation) because of all the crap on the floor.
jim: the roomba won't pick up our crap.
me: (defeated) yeah.