Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's all shortening up now, well at least until the Winter Solstice...

Happy Summer Solstice, everyone! You probably know that it was last Friday, and for us it marks the weekend of the summer that we have our annual Celebrate The Solstice party here in Denver.

This year we featured a badminton tournament - we had 8 teams participating and the grand prize went to myself and our good friend Mark Digan! I must say, we made a great team and I was hugely impressed by Mark's badminton skills. It's a good thing that it was the Summer Solstice because the tournament went on until we could barely see the "birdie" as it was flying around. The whole thing was really fun and I think we'll continue on the badminton tournament for years to come! I only wish we had taken some photos to post up!

The party wound down around midnight and I think Jeff made it into the sack around 2:00 - all of which are surefire signs of a good party! Kate stayed up until at least 9:00, which goes to show how much of a partier she is too! Here's a photo of Kate in her Rolling Stones onesie - she's a true "rocker".

2 comments:

Kristin said...

1. I just CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW CUTE Kate is!!!!!?!?!?!?!? So Cute!!!

2. Good to see you sporting the Wisconsin shirt, Stacey!

Leslie said...

Awesome shirt!

Jim is dying to buy Mary one that reads "Anarchy in the Pre-K"

Not sure why he hasn't yet, it's pretty bitchin.

My folks were married on the 21st 39 years ago. My mother always says it was because it's the longest day of the year and she wanted her wedding to go on forever. Or something like that! Cute, huh?