Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Like Sands Through an Hourglass, These are the Days of Summertime...

Ahhhhhh, here we are - summertime! There's nothing quite like 90 degree weather in June to make you realize that summer is officially here! Kate is a happy camper with her new crawling skill - even though her little knees have rug-burn all over them from cruisin' around... We've had a few more exciting events happening in our house recently, within the last week Kate began successfully pulling herself up which we discovered after a nap one day:

She also has began to hold her own milk bottle, and have I mentioned that her two bottom teeth are coming up now more and more everyday? I also discovered that a top tooth is coming in today! We recently started swimming lessons for her:


And over the weekend it was 90 out, so we made it over to the pool, which Kate did enjoy, but it took a bit for her to get into it. Here are a couple photos of her progression:



So, yes - we are enjoying summer so far and Kate continues to be great fun!! Oh, and did I mention that is always amazes me how well you get to know your neighbors in the heat of the summer (I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing):

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Good job with the camera action! I assume that's a guy. Honestly I'm not sure if a topless woman is worse than a Speedo guy! Although, I have an understanding for the Speedo-man. My Dad has always worn Speedoes. The excuse was always that he was a swimmer in HS, but that excuse only satisfied me when I was under 8.

Great news with Kate! Be ready with the pulling up...your coffee/end tables will never be the same. We kept pushing things further back and further back as Izzie got taller and taller. Eventually you just clear it all away. We've never unpacked our nic-naks. Been 6 years since I've seen some things!